Los Angeles, CA – Ben E. King’s influence as both a songwriter and performer is undeniable. Beginning with his tenure in the legendary vocal band The Drifters, where he sang lead on such classics as “There Goes My Baby,” “This Magic Moment” and “Save The Last Dance,” and on through his solo career highlighted by timeless treasures such as “Stand By Me” and “Spanish Harlem,” King crafted a singing style, soulful and smooth, that continues to echo today.
Recently a group of friends and admirers have lent their talents on a set of recut versions of King's most beloved hits, creating a cross-temporal collaboration like no other! King's voice sounds as good as ever on this collection which features funky bass icon Bootsy Collins breathing new life into “Supernatural Thing, Part 1” while up-and-coming R&B artist Bette Smith joins blues guitar phenom Ronnie Earl on a rousing version of "Stand By Me!" Bringing some Latin flavor to the mix, flamenco guitarist Rafael Riqueni steps in for an inspired take on the classic “Spanish Harlem.” All of this and more can be found on Supernatural Soul, which is available now on all formats including both CD and vinyl!
Order the CD & vinyl: https://cleorecs.com/store/?s=ben+e+king+supernatural+soul&post_type=product
Stream/download the digital: https://orcd.co/a8a2l51
1. Stand By Me feat. Bette Smith & Ronnie Earl
2. Supernatural Thing, Part I feat. Bootsy Collins
3. Spanish Harlem feat. Rafael Riqueni
4. Don't Play That Song (You Lied)
6. Do It In The Name Of Love
7. I Had A Love
8. Seven Letters
9. Stand By Me
10. Supernatural Thing, Part I feat. Bootsy Collins (Instrumental)
11. Drifters Medley: This Magic Moment / Dance With Me / There Goes My Baby / Save The Last Dance For Me
Glass Onyon PR
CLEOPATRA RECORDS, Inc.
11041 Santa Monica Blvd #703
Los Angeles CA 90025