Label: Noise of Dreams
Paz Del Castillo is a pianist that records solo instrumental contemporary new age music. Essentially it is a contemporary instrumental collection however it so relaxing and beautiful that a listener can use it for meditation as well. Once you start listening you will understand why.
Her most recent release is titled TRES best of… which consists of thirteen tracks of her solo piano work. What I discovered while listening was how full-bodied and rhythmic each track was. The consistent flow of each track is a strong representation of solo piano work and how authoritative and effective that one instrument can be with the right hands, turning music into magic. This is excellent solo piano music with three new tracks included.
One of the best examples of that strength is “Cuevas Del Mar” which translates to “my beach-at the north coast-in Asturias.” The track is full of anticipation, excitement, and above all, catchy rhythms that hold your interest from start to finish. That is but one example, and within every track, some or all of those elements will arise to grab your attention.
Paz creates her music working from the solid ground of classical then transforming the compositions to forge ahead and translate to contemporary instrumental which then crosses over to the sub-genre of new age. I hold firm my belief that most of this type of music blossoms from the classic world of instrumentation. It is not hard to recognize if you listen to this type of music all the time.
Besides this compilation Paz Del Castillo makes a triumphant return to her recording career with the newly released single "I Fight." The word fight can have strong implications both negative and positive, my feeling and thoughts after listening, is that the message was very positive and the music says that loud and clear.
The album closes out with “Lo Quo Se De MI CD-S4QT,” translated it means “What I know about myself,” which serves as an introspective track.
TRES best of… will deliver the message the artist is conveying and allow each listener to attain a level of peace and relaxation, or meditation if needed. This is music that has many uses and I think it could easily serve as soundtrack music for video and or films. The fact that there are no words gives it a distinct advantage over music with lyrics to think about.
Keith “MuzikMan” Hannaleck-MuzikMan.net Founder
January 24, 2021
01. Bolinas (“Moods for Piano”) 02.42 ( A little village at San Francisco California, where I recorded my 1st Album
02. Latiendo (“Eleven Drops”) 04.48 (a heart beat-that keeps beating after difficulties)
03. El abrazo del mar (“Eleven Drops”) 04.07 (the embrace of the sea)
04. Improvisación sobre las aguas tranquilas (“Eleven Drops”) 04.29 Improvisation about calm river)
05. Sobre el Cabo de Mar ( “Now” ) 2.40 (About a beautiful Cape over the cliffs in the north coast of Spain)
06. Unchain me ( “Now” ) 04.16
07. Cuevas del Mar (“Moods for Piano”) 04.14 ( my beach-At the north coast-In Asturias)
08. Mother ( “Now” ) 06.05 (for my mother, my essence)
09 Tom ( “Now” ) 03.14
10. Hymn ( “Now” ) 04.28
11. Erase una vez una doncella…. (new) 03.17 (once upon a Maiden, about a medieval history)
12 Vals for the Good people 03.13
13. Lo que se de mí ( new) 06.36 ( What I know about myself, and introspective track)